Safety-netting using C the Signs
8th April 2020
The Practice Dashboard feature of the C the Signs tool can help to mitigate this risk to patients by providing your practice with a robust safety-netting mechanism, to safeguard suspected cancer patients and those who have confirmed cancer diagnoses.
There are a number of features of the Practice Dashboard which will help you simplify the process of safety-netting patients in your practice:
- Patients are automatically added to the dashboard if you risk assess a patient through C the Signs and they trigger a cancer pathway
- Quick filters allow you to sort the list of patients by test, referral pathway, or even clinician
- Waiting times will appear with a traffic light system to enable you to see how long the patient has been waiting and prompt you when they should be chased or followed-up
- Additional notes can be added to each patient on the dashboard to add a reminder (e.g. for vulnerable patients or for additional follow-up)
- Update the dashboard once your patients results are back. Patients with cancer excluded will be archived and those diagnosed with cancer will be moved to the cancer confirmed dashboard. This will be saved in to the notes.
- Add patients directly to the dashboard without having to go through the risk assessment element of the tool (click on the “Add Patient” button)
Using the practice dashboard in C the Signs
In this video we show you how to use the practice dashboard, a fantastic safety-netting tool which can help you monitor all your patients on cancer pathways.