C the Signs on EMIS
15th July 2019
We are proud to say that C the Signs is now available through EMIS. This means we can provide you with a number of exciting new features, that have not been available through the app or website. Please see the videos below on what they are and how they can be used.
We would love to share with you a few of the key features of C the Signs on EMIS:
- Automatic sign in – Once you have signed up and synced your account with EMIS, we use your EMIS credentials to automatically sign you in for every subsequent use of the tool.
- Automatic age and gender – When using C the Signs in EMIS, we retrieve the patient’s age and gender automatically and assign them, so you don’t have to.
- Save to the clinical record – Through integration with EMIS we are now able to create a consultation entry, so you can save your C the Signs assessment directly into the patient’s medical record. This is fully editable, so you can save what is relevant to the patient.
- Resources – You can now access a huge range of cancer-related resources directly through EMIS. These vary from benefits and travel, to mental health, to treatment and side-effects, and many more. Linked-resources will also appear according to the recommendations made for a particular patient.
- Practice dashboard – You can now track patients who are on cancer diagnostic and referral pathways through the C the Signs practice dashboard. All patients who are risk assessed with C the Signs and identified to be at risk will be added. You can also retrospectively add patients directly to the dashboard.
Signing in for the first time
Every individual at your practice will need to sign up to C the Signs to access the tool. It only takes about a minute or two to complete. This will give you access to the tool on all devices – EMIS, the website, and mobile app (iOS and Android). This means you can use the tool in the event of downtime on EMIS. Once you have signed up on EMIS, your EMIS login will be paired with your C the Signs login and so we will automatically log you in every time.
Risk assessing a patient of cancer using C the Signs
In the following video we show you how to risk assess a patient of cancer using C the Signs, and how the tool will save this assessment into the patient’s medical record.
Using the practice dashboard in C the Signs
In this video we show you how to use the practice dashboard, a fantastic safety-netting tool which can help you monitor all your patients on cancer pathways.
Accessing the resources section in C the Signs
C the Signs provides a huge range of cancer related resources which can be accessed by all staff at your practice. This video shows you how to access them.