C the Signs on EMIS 2.0
18th May 2020
Installing C the Signs
Please find a short 3 minute video demonstrating how to install C the Signs in practices using the EMIS clinical system.
Please find below some common issues that may arise with the installation process and how to resolve them.
When you try and download C the Signs you will often see a system download warning. This is because we embed your practice’s credentials within the installation. To download the file, please watch the video above which shows you how to trust the file and install it.
Cannot download installation file
If you try the above and you cannot download the installation file, you may not be authorised to install programs on your computer. If this is the case, please contact your IT administrator to support you.
Cannot download dotnet file
Administrator rights issues may also be confirmed by the error message “The security id may not be assigned as the owner of this object” which may be shown when you try to download the Microsoft dotnet update.
System Check failure message
If you see a failure message there a number of things you can do to resolve this:
- Start by going to EMAS manager in EMIS and clicking on “Partner API” in the bottom right corner. Then look in the panel on the upper left side for “CtheSignsIM“. Please do not use “C the Signs” – this is for our old integration which will be decommissioned. Then click on the Activate button in the top left.
- Ensure the ODS code for your practice matches the ODS code we provide in the configuration screen.
- Next, you should make sure the NHS number you enter matches your dummy patient. Do this by going to a dummy patient on EMIS, right click on the brown bar over the NHS number and click copy. Then right click in the field on the configuration screen and paste the NHS number in.
- Finally, make sure EMIS is logged in and open in the background before clicking the System Check button
- If clicking the System Check button does not launch the System Check screen in the browser as before, you may need to restart the installer. Please close the installer by clicking on the X in the top right. Then click the Windows start menu in the bottom left corner, and within the Programs menu, locate C the Signs and launch the application. You will start at the Partner API configuration screen for EMIS, but can Continue on to run the System Check at the end.
Nothing happens when I click the Systems Check button
If when you click the System Check button on the final screen of the configuration and nothing happens (except maybe some dots appearing over the button), this may suggest a more technical solution is required. Please contact our technical support team on email@example.com or telephone 020 7157 9656.